THE FIRE PIT AT LUTHER HOLLOW
Occasionally students ask if they may have a fire in the stone fire pit located at Luther Hollow (by the football practice field.) Here are some guidelines for doing so:
- Seek permission from the VP for Student Life prior to event. You will need to obtain a fire pit permit from him or from his representative in the Student Life Office. Permits are not available in the dormitory. Plan Ahead!! Expect that a security worker will ask to see your permit.
- Use only regularly prepared firewood
- DO NOT BURN FURNITURE OF ANY KIND IN OUR FIRE PIT!!
- Please stay with the fire until it is extinguished. Bring water with you to douse the embers.
- Safety must always be a primary concern. Dry environmental conditions may preclude the use of our fire pit.
Out of concern for student safety, the holding pond on campus is designated as “off-limits.” No one, other than authorized maintenance workers, is to enter the pond, swim in the pond or put anything into the pond. Those who disregard the college’s concern will be subject to a $100 fine.