The mission of Martin Luther College is to train a corps of Christian witnesses who are qualified to meet the ministry needs of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
The mission of Martin Luther College is to train a corps of Christian witnesses who are qualified to meet the ministry needs of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) and who are competent to proclaim the Word of God faithfully and in accord with the Lutheran Confessions in the Book of Concord.
To fulfill this mission, Martin Luther College carries out all instruction and programs of student life according to the gospel as revealed in the inspired and inerrant Word of God.
With the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the college desires
- To strengthen the student in a consecrated spirit of love for God and his Word;
- To educate the student for faithful, capable, intelligent citizenship in today’s world;
- To assist the student in acquiring the knowledge, attitudes, and skills needed for service in the church and for lifelong learning; and
- To encourage the student in developing and demonstrating a heart for service in the church, community, and world.
To meet the current ministry needs of the WELS, Martin Luther College
- Prepares men for pastoral training at Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary;
- Prepares men and women for service as teachers and staff ministers in the synod’s churches, schools, and other institutions;
- Prepares men and women for other church ministries, both full and part-time, responding to the needs of the WELS;
- Prepares international students for ministry in partnership with WELS mission fields; and
- Provides programs of continuing education that meet the ministerial needs of the WELS.