Who We Are
The Martin Luther College Ladies Auxiliary is composed of women who are communicant members of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod and those in Synodical fellowship. Download the Auxiliary brochure.
The MLC Ladies Auxiliary exists to support and enhance student life at Martin Luther College in New Ulm, MN.
Our purpose is fourfold:
- To promote greater interest in Martin Luther College.
- To promote Christian fellowship among women of WELS and those in Synodical fellowship
- To give financial support to MLC by supplying funds for needed projects which are not included in the Synod budget.
- To support MLC and its students through prayer
At the local (congregational) level:
- Contact Lady — responsible for sharing information from the Auxiliary with her congregation.
At the Conference Level:
- Second Year Representative — plans and chairs the Conference meeting and serves on the Auxiliary Board as a representative of her conference.
- First Year Representative — shares information from the Auxiliary with congregations in her conference and serves on Auxiliary Board as a representative of her conference.
The Executive Committee along with the Pastoral Advisor, the Faculty Representative, a Representative from the Board of Control, Projects Committee members, Promotion Committee members, and two representatives from each conference make up the Auxiliary Board.
- Program — The Faculty Representative assists in planning the program for the annual meeting.
- Promotion — Three elected conference representatives, the First and Second Vice Presidents, and the Faculty Representative coordinate all promotional activities of the Auxiliary.
- Projects — Three elected area representatives, along with the Faculty Representative, coordinate all activities related to the selection and funding of projects.
The fall MLC Ladies’ Auxiliary Day is currently held in October on the campus of MLC. Learn more here.
Donations for projects can be sent directly to MLC. Just write “MLC Ladies Auxiliary” on the memo line of your check.
Your contributions are very much appreciated.