Review your immunization history (Documentation can be obtained by contacting your  doctor/clinic or state registry) and arrange to get any missing vaccinations before you come to campus.

Proof of immunizations is required , you will need to upload a copy of your vaccination record.

Vaccine information must be submitted within 45 days of commencement of the academic term for which the student has registered.  This means that a student’s enrollment can be terminated if required forms are not submitted on time.

Minnesota’s College Immunization Law

Information on Minnesota’s College Immunization law here.

Medical and Conscientious Exemption

Immunizations – Medical and Conscientious Exemption

A student granted a medical or conscientious exemption from immunization requirements must present the college Health Service with a valid certificate of immunization exemption. The form needed can be found on the Forms tab of the MLC Health Services website (click here to go to the form). A medical exemption certificate is only valid when it documents a medical exemption and is signed by a licensed physician, nurse practitioner, or physical assistant. A certificate or notification for conscientious immunization exemption is only valid when notarized.

PLEASE NOTE that students who have filed an exemption certificate may be excluded from all campus activities, including classes, during a disease outbreak. The length of time a student is excluded from campus activities will vary depending on the type of disease and the circumstances surrounding the outbreak, and could range from several days to over a month.

Signed Exemption Form will need to be uploaded and submitted online.


Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR)

Two doses of live virus vaccine, the first dose given after the first birthday, and the second dose at least 28 days after the first dose. More on MMR.

Tetanus-Diptheria or Tetanus-Diptheria-Pertussis (Tdap)

An initial series of three to five shots is usually given in childhood, then “boosters” every ten years thereafter. Tdap can be administered regardless of the duration since your last tetanus (Td) booster. A Td or Tdap booster is required within the last 10 years. If no records are available, vaccination must be obtained. Learn more here.

(Pertussis is also known as Whooping Cough)



Hepatitis A (HAV)

Two doses of the vaccine are needed for lasting protection. These doses should be given at least 6 months apart. Learn more here.

Hepatitis B (HBV)

A three-dose series of vaccine is recommended for all young adults prior to entering college. More on HBV.

Hepatitis C (HCV)

The state of Minnesota requires colleges to provide information on Hepatitis C. Information on hepatitis C here.

Meningococcal (meningitis)

Current CDC recommendations encourage the vaccination of all adolescents against the meningococcal disease with two doses of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4), usually given at ages 12 and 16. Those who receive the first dose at or after age 16 years do not need a booster dose. Learn more here.

Varicella (chicken pox)

If you did not have chicken pox as a child, you should get immunized with the varicella vaccine. Two doses are recommended. More info here.

Human Papillomavirus (HPV)

This three-dose vaccine is recommended for all women ages 11-26 and men ages 11-21. More on HPV.

Influenza (Flu)

A dose of flu vaccine is recommended every flu season. Talk to your doctor about which flu vaccination is best for you. There is no live flu virus in flu shots. They cannot cause the flu. Learn more here.

The live, attenuated influenza vaccine (called LAIV) is sprayed into the nose. LAIV is made from weakened flu virus and does not cause flu. Learn about LAIV here.

Minnesota’s College Immunization Law

Information on Minnesota’s College Immunization law here.