Utah State Board of Education
250 East 500 South
PO Box 1442oo
Salt Lake City, UT 84111-3204
Website: Educator Licensing
Those that hold standard renewable educator licenses from another state and would like to apply for a Utah Educator License, should follow the step by step instructions (Application Process) to prepare the application packet for submission to Utah State Board of Education for review. The Out-of-State (OOS) Licence Application Checklist to prepare and submit the application. Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (PDF File) if you need additional clarification.
Items needed for the application include the following.
- USBE Background Fingerprint Check
- Application for Utah Educator License for Out-of-State Educators
- Endorsement applications, if appropriate
- Content knowledge assessment requirement (Out-of-State Testing Equivalency)
- Complete Educators Ethics Review form
- Submit original transcripts
- Submit Verification of Educator Experience Form
- Submit copies of current educator license(s)