Teacher Standards and Practices Commission

TSPC Office
250 Division St NE
Salem, OR  97301-1012

(503) 378-3586
Email:  contact.tspc@oregon.gov
Website:  Out-of-State Applicants Licensing

An Oregon Reciprocal Teaching License allows you to teach in Oregon for one year while working on qualifying for an Oregon Preliminary or Professional Teaching License. To meet the minimum qualifications to apply for the Reciprocal Teaching License, you must

  • hold a valid and active non-provisional teaching license from another state;
  • have never held an Oregon educator license, charter school registration or completed an Oregon educator preparation program;
  • hold a bachelor’s degree or higher (regionally accredited institution);
  • have completed an approved out-of-state teacher preparation program (official verification of completion is required);
  • pass a criminal background clearance, including fingerprints, if necessary.

NOTE: Teaching experience from other states may meet Oregon’s teaching experience requirement for a Professional Teaching License if you were fully licensed by that state during the time you taught there.

The Out-of-State Applicants Licensing website page (above) can provide more information.