301 Centennial Mall South
PO Box 94987
Lincoln, NE 68509-4987
Website: Teacher Certification
An out-of-state certificate holder will usually receive a Nebraska certificate or permit with one or more deficiencies. Other than requiring that a person has completed an approved teacher education program in the other state, Nebraska also has requirements for a basic skills test, a content tests, a human relations class, fingerprint cards, and a special education class. Applicants are given conditional fingerprint clearance, a temporary for human relations class or a provisional for basic skill test, content test, or special education class.
The following documents are required from an out-of-state applicant.
- Application completed online & fee
- Official transcripts showing completion of a teacher education program
- Institutional Verification form
- Completed fingerprint cards from the Nebraska State Patrol
- Basic skills test passing scores or 2 years of verified teaching employment on the Employment Verification form
- Content test passing scores for every teaching area that applicant has requested
The Applicant Manual will provide further instructions and necessary forms.