New York State Education Department
Office of Teaching Initiatives
89 Washington, Ave, 5N EB
Albany, NY 11234
Website: Out-of-State Application
The Office of Teaching Initiatives determines eligibility for certification after reviewing the application and accompanying credentials. Applicants may receive a 1-year conditional initial certificate. The Out-of-State Application website page (above) offer two types of applications. Determine the appropriate application and complete the process. Among the application requirements are the following.
- Official transcripts from a state approved program
- Minimum of a 2.5 Undergraduate GPA
- Testing and edTPA scores
- Completion of workshops in the following
- Child Abuse Identificaton
- School Violence Intervention and Prevention
- Dignity for All Students Act
- Fingerprint clearance.