Office of Teaching Initiatives
89 Washington, Ave, 5N EB
Albany, NY 11234
The Office of Teaching Initiatives determines eligibility for certification after reviewing the application and accompanying credentials. Applicants may receive a 1-year conditional initial certificate. The Out-of-State Application website page (above) offer two types of applications. Determine the appropriate application and complete the process. Among the application requirements are the following.
- Official transcripts from a state approved program
- Minimum of a 2.5 Undergraduate GPA
- Testing and edTPA scores
- Completion of workshops in the following
- Child Abuse Identificaton
- School Violence Intervention and Prevention
- Dignity for All Students Act
- Fingerprint clearance.