Kansas State Department of Education
Landon State Office Building
900 SW Jackson Street, Suite 102
Topeka, KS 66612
Telephone: Staff Directory
Website: Out-of-State Application
Regulations provide a number of licensing options to guarantee access to start teaching to all applicants who hold a valid full or standard out-of-state license or certificate issued after the successful completion of a state approved preparation program.
Submit the application (application link) and the following requirements.
- Bachelors degree – awarded by a regionally accredited institution
- Teacher preparation program successfully completed
- Valid out-of-state teaching license
- Fingerprint – background clearance
- “Recency” – one year of teaching experience or eight semester credit hours completed within the last six years
- Content and Pedagogy testing requirements OR exempted by accepting out-of-state tests or experience