Office of Public Instruction
PO Box 202501
Helena, MT 59620-2501
Website: Educator Licensure
Completion of any state approved educator preparation program from a regionally accredited college or university AND completion of student teaching or a supervised teaching experience through an educator preparation program. Additionally, each of the following must be met prior to licensure.
- Verification of the Montana required Praxis test score(s) meeting Montana standards for your endorsement area(s).
- Completion and verification of the free, online course: An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana.
- Complete the online application.
- The following supplemental forms to the online application. These must be submitted by mail unless otherwise noted.
- University Recommendation for Teaching Endorsements (form)
- Notary Page (form)
- Fingerprint Background Check (instructions)
- Official transcripts may be sent electronically from the college or university or mailed.
- Original completion certificate for “An Introduction to Indian Education for All in Montana”.
- Copy of your valid, unexpired out-of-state teaching license electronically or mailed, if applicable.
All hard copy documents are mailed to the attention of Educator Licensure at the address above.