Mississippi Department of Education

PO Box 771
Jackson, MS  39205-0771

(601) 359-3483
Website:  MDE Reciprocity License

A Five-Year Educator License or a Two-Year Provisional License is granted to applicants who possess a valid license from another state in an area in which Mississippi issues an endorsement and meets Mississippi’s minimum licensure requirements or equivalent.

Applicants must submit to the Office of Educator Licensure the following.

  • Licensure application (Instructions)
  • Valid out-of-state license
  • Sealed copy of all college transcripts
  • Documentation that shows a passing score on a core subject test required for certification by the issuing state, or documentation that verifies the out-of-state license was obtained in a manner equivalent with current Mississippi license guidelines for that license.