Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
75 Pleasant Street
Malden, MA  02148-4906

(781) 338-3000
Website:  Out-of-State Licensure Applicants

Out-of-state applicants seeking their first license in the State of Massachusetts could qualify for one of three (3) types of Academic PreK-12 educator licenses: Temporary, Provisional, or Initial.   Applicants should submit the following as outlined in the Application Process.

  • Official copies of all college transcripts
  • Copy of teaching license/certificate from another state
  • Completed copy of the School-based Employment Verification form
  • Appropriate test scores

Applications are submitted through the Educator Licensure And Renewal (ELAR) portal.