350 Iwilei Road, Suite 268
Honolulu, HI 96817
Website: Hawaii Teacher Standards Board
Hawaii Teacher Standards Board honors reciprocity for all 50 states approved preparation programs leading to licensure, licenses, and verifiable relevant experience.
A Provisional License is available for teachers who have completed a preparation program and have less than 3 years of full time teaching experience. A Standard License is available to those who have 3 or more years of full time teaching experience within the last 5 years.
Requirements for licensure approval follow.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Completion of a State-approved teacher, librarian or counselor education program
- Meet the basic skills and content knowledge requirements
- Clear the professional fitness check
- Verify 3 years out of the last 5 years of full-time teaching experience in a P-12 contracted position in a school (for standard license application)
FORMS for verification of requirements
Additional INFORMATION on license types