Delaware Department of Education

Licensure & Certification
Collette Education Resource Center
35 Commerce Way, Suite 1
Dover, DE  19904

Website:  Delaware Department of Education,  Licensure & Certification

The Department may issue an Initial License to an applicant who meets current Delaware reciprocity provisions and who also is currently licensed as an educator in another jurisdiction with less than four years of successful credentialed teaching experience.

The following items must be sent:

  • Official Transcript(s) – minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree.
  • Student Teaching on an official transcript.
  • Copy of current and valid out-of-state license, if applicable.
  • Form E (Verification of Teaching Experience) – if you have over one year of out-of-state teaching experience
  • Test scores should be forwarded to the Delaware Department of Education electronically upon your request.

All documents, with the exception of copies of out-of-state and/or national certificates (if applicable), must be official, meaning that they must be sent directly from the appropriate third party (e.g., the college/university, testing organization, former employer, independent credentialing agency) to the Department, or forwarded unopened to the Department by the candidate. Applicants submitting test scores should be sure to review the Delaware Professional Standards Board testing requirements for test-specific submission procedures.

Application process