Office of Educator Services
8301 Parklane Road
Columbia, SC 29223
For correspondence: firstname.lastname@example.org
For transcripts: email@example.com
Website: South Carolina Educator Licensure Reciprocity
Interstate reciprocity is available to those who hold
- a standard certificate that is clear, renewable certificate with no disciplinary holds.
- a current valid certificate that allows the applicant to serve in a public school located in the reciprocating state.
Note that experience is not reciprocal. Experience must be evaluated for meeting South Carolina experience guidelines.
- Complete the online application (CATS application system) prior to all following steps.
- Submit the non-refundable fee.
- Complete the fingerprinting process and criminal records review.
- Submit an official transcript for a regionally accredited institution.
- Submit a photocopy (front & back) of valid out-of-state teaching certificate.
- Submit copies of content knowledge or pedagogical knowledge assessment/exam scores.
- Submit verification of teaching experience forms completed by employer