The planning team sincerely wants everyone on the tour to have an unforgettable experience (for all the right reasons). Traveling in Europe is exhilarating, but it can also be exhausting and very challenging for those with physical limitations. Historic city centers often have narrow, uneven roads and much of Europe is not ADA compliant. With that in mind, we offer the following notes regarding physical activity levels and accessibility limitations:
- We ask those considering the tour to evaluate their physical condition and perhaps speak with your physician if you have concerns about your capabilities.
- Travelers on this tour can expect to walk an average of 4-5 miles each day. Lines (especially in Italy) can be extensive and you may need to stand for well over an hour without sitting.
- We typically have multi-night stays in our hotels. That means you can opt for “sitting out” a day to relax and recover. With a 16-day trip, it may be wise to plan such R&R days in advance.
- Medications are available in the areas where we will be traveling, but not as easy to access. Please purchase necessary medications before you leave, and do some research to find out where you can additional supplies in Europe if necessary.
- Medical facilities are available in the areas where we will be traveling and medical trip insurance is included in your tour cost. We pray that it won’t be necessary, but please contact your health insurance provider and find out:
- What is covered while overseas
- How and where you can receive treatment