Below you will find all the information you need for both December and May graduation. If you have questions after reading this information, contact Michelle Gartner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Graduation
- Application – You should have already filled out an application to graduate.
- Credits – You will get a notice from the Records Office if you do not have enough credits to graduate.
- Payment – All tuition and other fees must be paid in full before graduation.
- Caps and Gowns – These are ordered when you apply for graduation.
- Invitations – May Graduates may purchase invitations through our Graphic Arts Department. They will receive ordering instructions shortly after the beginning of second semester.
- Graduation Address Text – You will receive an email from your class president requesting ideas for the text for your graduation. Please reply promptly to this request so the preacher can begin working on his sermon for the service.
- Seating – There is ample seating for December graduation in the chapel. For May graduation there are reserved seats for graduates, faculty members, and individuals with handicaps. (If you require handicapped seating, please have your graduate contact Michelle Gartner to reserve seats.) Important Note: Each graduate will receive 8 tickets for graduation and will be able to choose those seats after graduation rehearsal on Thurs., May 10. All other guests will be able to find seats starting at 8:30 am on graduation morning.
- Pictures – Your MLC Portal picture will serve as your graduation picture in the graduation service booklet as well as in Forward in Christ unless you make arrangements with Prof. Pekrul to get a new picture. Deadlines for new pictures are November 1 for December graduates and April 1 for May graduates.
- December 13, 2017 9:00 pm – Chapel of the Christ – Rehearsal
- December 14, 2017 10:00 am – Chapel of the Christ – Commencement
- May 9, 2018 5:30 pm – New Ulm Event Center – COP/Graduate Social & Graduate/Faculty Banquet
- May 10, 2018 4:00 pm – LSC Gymnasium – Rehearsal
- May 12, 2018 10:00 am – LSC Gymnasium – Commencement