2021-2022 Tuition, Room and Board
|Per semester||Per year|
|Room and Board||$3,340||$6,680|
- The actual cost of enrollment is reduced by a budgetary operating subsidy from the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS).
- Tuition for part-time (fewer than 12 credits per semester excluding audits) is $500 per credit.
- Because education students living off campus do not pay room and board to the college, they are assessed a fee to cover expenses for any room and board arranged by the college during their professional semester. For the 2021-22 school year, this amount is $1,965.
- Because staff ministry and parish music interns living off campus do not pay room and board to the college, they are assessed a fee to cover expenses for any room and board arranged by the college during their professional semester. For the 2021-22 school year, the amount is $3,340.
- The cost of audits for non-degree seeking students is $120 per course (excluding private music lessons) or $90 per course for senior citizens (60 or older).
- The MLC Governing Board reserves the right to revise charges and procedures as economic conditions warrant.
The cost of books, supplies, travel, laundry, personal and miscellaneous expenses varies with the individual. For 2021-2022 the estimate per individual is $5,100.
Automobile registration is $100 ($120 after June 1 for returning students). This fee is paid directly to the Student Life Office.
2021-2022 Graduate Tuition
The tuition for graduate courses is $325 per credit. For more information see Graduate Studies.
Tuition Payment Information
Click here to make an online payment to a student account.
Students pay the cost of attending school through a combination of scholarships, grants, school arranged loans, privately arranged loans, work-study programs, private funds and jobs. Financial Aid and Financial Services counselors provide planning assistance to students upon request. Prior to the beginning of the school year (see details under Payment Policies), students are asked to select one of the following options for meeting their financial obligations:
- TWICE-A-SEMESTER PLAN: Payment in two equal installments for semester one by August 10, 2021, and October 10, 2021. Payment in two equal installments for semester two by January 10, 2022, and March 10, 2022.
- MONTHLY PLAN: Payment in ten installments through MLC’s tuition management plan. Students enrolled in this plan make monthly payments (August-May) via automatic withdrawal on the 10th of each month (or the next business day) from a checking or savings account they have designated. There is no charge for participation, but students are required to provide appropriate bank account and routing information when enrolling in this plan. If two payments are returned for any reason (insufficient funds, account closed), the student will automatically be assigned to the twice-a-semester plan.
Students who believe that extenuating circumstances make the standard payment plans temporarily unsuitable may request an exceptional payment plan subject to the approval of the director of finance. Such plans are granted only in rare circumstances (loss of employment, mounting medical expenses, etc.) and are intended as a temporary measure that should not exceed a single school year.