Announcing the tenth annual
Martin Luther College
In celebration of the tenth anniversary of the Thalassa prize, the award will be doubled to $2,000. This award is given to recognize a Martin Luther College student or graduate who expresses clearly and beautifully, in image and word, a personal reflection on a ministry experience overseas.
Purposes of the MLC Thalassa Prize
- To express gratitude to God for the opportunity to serve him in international venues.
- To provide an opportunity for MLC students and graduates in international ministry to share their stories.
- To motivate and inspire current MLC students to consider serving overseas.
- To bring glory to God through excellence in the arts of photography and creative writing.
- To reaffirm through image and word the dignity of the entire human race and the desire of God to save all people.
- Open to all MLC undergraduates and graduates who have done ministry or are doing ministry outside the United States.
- Each entry must include
- A completed entry form.
- A color digital photograph taken in a foreign mission field.
- A personal reflection on ministry in that foreign mission field.
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish.
- Deadline for all submissions: April 15, 2016.
- Check out photo and essay specifications, judging criteria, and tips for entrants here.
- The Thalassa Prize recipient will be announced in May 2016
- The $2,000 prize will be divided equally between the winner ($1,000) and an international mission of the winner’s choice ($1,000).