Traverse des Sioux Regional Library (TdS)
The MLC Library cooperates with the Regional Library System in our area, (TdS). The library catalog includes materials from all the libraries within this area. Patrons can request materials through the catalog which are then delivered to the MLC Library by courier.
What is the Traverse des Sioux Library Cooperative?
The Traverse des Sioux Library Cooperative (TdS) is one of twelve regional public library systems created in 1975 by the Minnesota State Legislature to provide support services to public libraries.TdS provides services to over 40 public libraries in the following nine counties of south central Minnesota: Blue Earth, Brown, Faribault, LeSueur, Martin, Nicollet, Sibley, Waseca, and Watonwan.
What Services does TdS provide?
Traverse des Sioux Library System offers the following services to help its member libraries operate more efficiently and to assist their users more effectively:
- Region Wide Library Borrower’s Card
- TdS Regional Shared Integrated Library System
- Gateway to Minnesota Academic, Public, School and Special Libraries
- Regional Telecommunications Network
- Access to Indexes and Databases
- Interlibrary and IntraLibrary Loan Delivery
- Cataloging and Database Maintenance
- Consulting, Continuing Education and Training
- Coordination of the Summer and Winter Library Programs Plus Other Region Wide Events
- Library Advocacy
How did the Library System Get Its Name?
The Traverse des Sioux Library System is named for the point along the Minnesota River at which Native American Indian trails crossed, and for the site of the signing of the Treaty of Traverse des Sioux. This historic 1851 Treaty opened 19 million acres of Dakota land west of the Mississippi River to white settlement.
How do I contact the TdS offices?
Traverse des Sioux Library Cooperative | 1400 Madison Ave., Suite 622 Mankato MN, 56001 | Phone: 507-625-6169 | www.tdslib.org