What’s Your Status?
If you are an unassigned candidate or are deferring assignment, you will need to inform us whether or not you wish to be considered for an assignment in the future. We do not assume that you remain available. You need to update your status on a semi‐annual basis using the Category Update Form until you are permanently assigned or until you declare that you do not wish to be considered for future assignments. See descriptions and policies related to your status as well as information regarding the recertification policy.
Category Update Form
- If you did not receive an email from the MLC Education Office with a link to the form, please contact Megan Plocher.
- Form will be available for use:
- September 1 – November 1 for the December Book of Candidates
- February 1 – April 1 for the May Book of Candidates
Submitting the Form
- Complete the form and submit it to the MLC Education Office by November 1 or April 1.
- Questions? Please contact Megan Plocher.
You will want to consider these questions related to licensure when updating your candidate information:
- Is your teaching license current?
- Have you kept your license eligibility by renewing your temporary license (if applicable)?
- Important Reminder – You must have your license or retain your eligibility for a license in order to be considered for assignment.
- Questions? Please contact Katie Christensen.
As a courtesy to the records office, please contact them at 507‐354‐8221, ext. 222 or records@mlc‐wels.edu with your address, phone number, or email updates if they should change from the ones currently on the Portal.