You already have teaching expertise, and you are continually learning and adding to your teaching skills. Now you have the opportunity to demonstrate your skills and receive recognition for your proficiency by earning micro-credentials.
How do I earn a micro-credential?
- Choose one of the micro-credentials we offer. It could be a skill you’d like to learn or a skill you already have. Right now, we offer 19 micro-credentials, 12 for principals and seven for teachers.
- Research the skill using the article or video suggestions given on the MLC website. Or perhaps you’ve already completed a webinar or course in that skill, so your research is basically complete.
- Practice the skill at your own pace, in your own classroom.
- Register for the micro-credential. The cost is $50.
- Submit evidence of your competency in this skill. The required evidence might be a lesson plan, lesson video, written reflection, or other document.
- Wait while MLC professors evaluate your evidence using the rubric, which is also available to you on the website.
- Receive verification of your micro-credential, which comes in the form of a digital badge from MLC.
- Share your digital badge on your curriculum vitae, your signature, your school website, and your own social media platforms.