Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Program
The Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program at Martin Luther College provides juniors and seniors, whether enrolled in a public or nonpublic school or in a home school program, the opportunity to take courses at Martin Luther College free of charge to earn credits toward their high school graduation and at the same time earn college credits. College credits can be applied toward future enrollment at Martin Luther College or be transferred to other colleges.
High school juniors and seniors who meet the following admission requirements may apply to the PSEO program at Martin Luther College. Students are admitted on a space available basis.
- Minnesota resident
- High school junior with a GPA of 3.5 or higher
- High school senior with a GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Interview with the director of admissions at Martin Luther College or a written recommendation from a high school teacher, guidance counselor or principal.
Application process for PSEO students
Arrange for the following to be sent to the Office of Admissions:
- A completed MLC Application for Post-Secondary Enrollment Options form.
- A completed Minnesota Department of Education Post-Secondary Enrollment Options Registration Form available on the Minnesota Department of Education site.
- A letter of recommendation from the high school principal, guidance counselor or a teacher
Note: Instead of this recommendation a student may substitute a personal interview with the Director of Admissions at Martin Luther College
- An official high school transcript.
A student may enroll on a full or part-time basis for either or both the fall and spring semesters. The deadline for submitting an application for both semesters is May 1.
If accepted, you will be notified mid-June of the availability of the courses you have registered for, and a time will be set up for your campus orientation.
Once enrolled, you will be expected to conduct yourself according to the policies of Martin Luther College that are published in the Student Life Handbook and the Undergraduate Catalog.
PSEO students are responsible to ensure that the college courses fulfill the requirements of their high school. Books for each course are provided by the Martin Luther College and remain the property of the college. They must be returned to the Office of Admissions during the week of examination. Students will be charged for books if not returned by this time or if returned in poor condition. Any other supplies needed for a course become the financial responsibility and property of the PSEO student.
If you have questions, contact the Director of Admissions at:
Office of Admissions
Martin Luther College
1995 Luther Ct.
New Ulm, MN 56073
Phone: 507-354-8221 ext. 280