To obtain a grade or MN clock hours for an MLC course

Questions and Answers

Q: How do I provide proof of my course credits?
A: To obtain verification of college course credits, students obtain grade reports or unofficial transcripts through the Portal on the MLC website. Once an instructor has input course grades into the college database, students may view and print their grade reports.

Q: How do I view and print my grades?

A: Log in to Portal. On the drop-down under “Grades” select either “Grade Card” to see grades for individual courses or “Unofficial Transcripts” to see grades from past terms.

Q: How do I log in to Portal?

A: Log in with your username and password. A username is usually the first six lowercase letters of the last name (surname) followed by the lowercase first initial and middle initial (e.g. surnamfm). An initial password is usually the first four letters of the last name with first letter capitalized, plus the last four digits of your Social Security Number (e.g. Surn1234). If it has been some time since users have logged in to Portal, Network Services will need to reset your password. If you have any trouble logging into Portal, contact MLC Network Services at (507) 233-9100 during normal business hours (8:00 am – 4:30 pm Monday-Friday); MLC’s friendly Network Services team is glad to be of assistance. It may help to know that most Portal usernames and passwords are the same as Moodle usernames and passwords.

Q: I need to submit clock hours to my state licensure officer for an MLC course I took to maintain my teaching license. How do I do this?

A: You would submit verification of the credit(s) that you earned in the course to your state licensure officer. A student fills out an Approval Form and sends it with his grade report or unofficial transcript to the Minnesota Department of Education. The Minnesota Department of Education/state licensure officer will then convert the earned credits to clock hours to document your continuing education.

For more information on Minnesota clock hours, visit the MLC webpage on Minnesota Administrative Rules or License Renewal.
For further questions or assistance, contact the Administrative Assistant to the Director of Continuing Education, at (507) 354-8221 ext. 368 or e-mail