Credit by Examination
The deadline for requesting credit by examination is seven calendar days after the first class day of the semester.
- A student cannot use credit by examination to earn credit for courses that were failed.
- The student should read the paragraph on “Credit by Examination” in the MLC undergraduate catalog before signing this form.
- Complete the information on the Application for Credit by Examination form.
- Obtain the signature of the course instructor.
- Obtain the signature of the appropriate division chair.
- Obtain the signature of the appropriate Academic Dean.
- Submit the application form to the Records Office and pay the $25 fee to the Records Office.
- Make arrangements with the course instructor to take the test. Tests must be completed within one calendar week after the application is submitted to the Records Office.
- A grade of C or higher must be earned to receive credit for the course.