How do I renew my books?
For a variety of reasons, you might want to hang onto your materials longer than the initial 21 day checkout period. Patrons are allowed to renew books up to two additional times, for a total of 63 days. Video, DVD, CD's and other collection renewals vary.
- Login on the MLC Online Catalog site. You will find the login link in the upper right corner and under Tools on the bottom of the screen.
- You may be asked for your name, student ID, and password.
- Go to your account by clicking on your name in the upper right corner.
- Your account will list items checked out and other information. Follow the directions on the screen.
How long can materials be held?
- General Collection: - 21 days, 2 renewals (Children’s Literature, Bound Journals, & Curriculum Items).
- Multimedia Collections Fiction: - 7 days, 0 renewals (Videos, CDs, CD-Roms, audio cassettes, DVDs, etc).
- Multimedia Collections NonFiction: - 21 days, 0 renewals (Videos, CDs, CD-Roms, audio cassette, DVDs, etc.).
- Materials from other Libraries: - designated by lending library (InterLibrary Loans).
- Course Reserves: 2 hours , renewal if there are more copies on shelf. On-site use only.
- Non-Circulating Collections: On-site use only. (Reference, Newspapers, Current Periodicals, Microformats, and Special Collections).