|POSITION TITLE:||Administrative Assistant II|
|REPORTS TO:||Director of Field Experiences, Licensure Officer|
|PREPARED BY / DATE:||Bobbi Fuhr, Human Resources / updated 12-07-2022|
|APPROVED BY / DATE:||MLC Administrative Council / 12-01-2022|
|FTE||0.744 FTE – Regular Part-time|
This position serves the college by managing the materials and data of the Education Office by working with students and schools regarding field experiences (clinical and student teaching). This position communicates with partner schools, cooperating teachers, and students. This position also works with PESLB requirements for processing Martin Luther College’s academic programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The responsibilities and duties of the position shall include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communicate effectively via phone, email, and in-person.
- Assist with the typical day-to-day office tasks: answering phones, opening office mail, photocopying, office correspondence and mailings, set appointments, assist the director, and coordinate and collaborate with campus personnel.
- Assist the Portfolio Review Chair with scheduling and data collection.
- Schedule appointments or vehicle arrangements for the Director of Field Experience.
- Assist the (Lutheran) student teaching field experiences (program) through: update of handbooks, guidelines, forms and packets; communication with schools regarding participation, information and updates; prepare thank you letters and file reports; communicate with students regarding application process and placement; and prepare (Lutheran student teaching) rosters.
- Maintain forms and data for Individual Field Experience (IFE).
- Assist the Field Experiences Director with coordinating all EFE (Early Field Experience) courses, including, but not limited to: maintaining data, scheduling, preparation of forms and packets, information and updates, and communication with students, presenters, and MLC faculty and staff.
- Coordinate background check process for all education majors.
- Assist with PERCA (Program Effectiveness Report for Continuing Approval) requirements for the MDE (Minnesota Department of Education) and PELSB (Professional Educator Licensing and Standards Board).
- Assist with post-baccalaureate and continuing education students with, but not limited to: maintaining data, scheduling, preparation of forms, information and updates, and communication with graduate students and MLC faculty and staff.
- Prepare iTutoring folders.
- Order office supplies and coordinate copier maintenance.
- Assist students by answering questions and addressing concerns.
- Assist with other Education office responsibilities as time and opportunity permit.
- Create, maintain, and secure student files in the Education Office and WCC basement.
- Conduct other job-related duties and functions as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Although not required, preference may be given to an active member of the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod or the Evangelical Lutheran Synod.
- A deep commitment to the mission and core values of WELS and Martin Luther College and an ability to apply that commitment in the performance of daily responsibilities.
- Ability to represent Martin Luther College in a friendly and professional manner, as effective and experienced written and oral communicator, and with customer service and helpfulness to faculty, staff, students, congregations, schools (public and private), local businesses, the community and general public.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills with strong attention to detail and
time-management skills to meet deadlines.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form, including problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately while abiding by privacy laws.
- Exemplify ownership of and demonstrate pride in the fulfillment of responsibilities and tasks including the initiative and proactive leadership in developing and implementing appropriate goals.
- Ability to use appropriate levels of sound judgment with independent decision-making.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and comfortable working in a data driven department.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as a team player is required.
- Excellent skills and experience with Microsoft Office Suites including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher. This position also utilizes Orbeon Forms, Google Drive, WordPress and Adobe Pro along with any other software programs as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required.
- College experience or degree is preferred.
- At least three years of administrative work preferred.
- Prior experience in higher education is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, and talk or hear, and remain stationary such as sitting and standing for periods of time. This individual is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, manipulate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, bend, and kneel. The position requires minimum mobility and minimum physical exertion. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 20 pounds on a regular basis and up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis.
Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 90% of the work period while operating equipment such as phones, computer, computer keyboard, mouse, and similar office and classroom machines. The position requires vocal communication by means of the spoken word, and hearing is required to perceive information. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually low. This position does not require travel. This position is not authorized for permanent telecommuting. This position may apply for short-term telecommuting during regularly stated office hours with consideration for essential in-person responsibilities.
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with responsibilities and experience. This is a 0.744 FTE (average of
29-hours weekly, not to exceed 129-hours per calendar month) regular part-time, year-round, non-exempt hourly position with employee paid benefits.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of expectations for this position, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required by the person working in this position. The individual serving in this position may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed and mutually agreed upon, in order to meet the ongoing needs of Martin Luther College, its students, faculty and staff. Employing an individual for this position is contingent upon the candidate’s satisfactory completion of a background check.
Click this link to apply online. Open until filled.
Direct all inquiries to Human Resources