TRO Q & A Page
Go with TRO
and then you'll know...you've got your books!
1. What is TRO?
TRO stands for Textbook Reservation Option. With TRO you can let us know what books you want to buy from us, and we’ll set them aside for you.
2. Why use TRO?
1) It's easy. You don’t have to go hunting all over creation looking for the right books when you use TRO. Just click “reserve” and we’ll do the rest.
2) Peace of mind. When you use TRO you know you’re getting the correct books, at our posted, competitive prices…guaranteed!
3) It’s mutually beneficial. TRO helps us know how many books to purchase, so MLC students can get the books they need. Everybody wins!
3. How does TRO work?
Simply log on to the portal and look at your book list. Notice the “reserve” button next to some or all of your books. Click the reserve button and then “Okay” or “Cancel.” If you hit “Cancel,” nothing happens and you can come back later to reserve the book if you so choose, and the reserve option is still available. (The reserve buttons disappear when we’ve sold out so don’t delay too long!) If you hit “Okay” your request is sent directly to us and we send you a confirmation email within a day or two to confirm your reservation.
Please note: You can only request to reserve one copy of each textbook. Once a reservation request has been sent for a specific book, the "reserve" button next to that book disappears.
4. How long will the Bookstore hold TRO books?
The TRO expiration date is Monday, August 24th, 2015. You have until 3:00 pm that day to purchase your reserved books. Books not purchased on or before the TRO expiration date will be returned to the shelf or to the publisher. However, once you pay for your reserved books you may stop by and pick them up whenever you want…because they’re yours!
5. How can I pay for my reserved books?
There are 3 ways to pay:
1) Mail us a check
Make checks payable to the "MLC Bookstore" and mail it to:
1995 Luther Court
New Ulm, MN 56073
2) Pay by credit/debit card (Visa, Master Card or Discover) over the phone
You can provide your credit/debit card information to the Bookstore by calling 507-354-8224 Ext. 214.
The best time to call is between 9:00 am - 3:00 pm, Central time Mon. - Fri. If these times are not convenient for you please let us know so other arrangements can be made. Emailing your credit/debit card information to us is strongly discouraged.
Please include the following:
Name as it appears on the card
16-digit card number
3-digit security code found on the back of the card
3) Pay in person
6. Can the reservations I’ve made through TRO be canceled?
Absolutely! You can cancel your reservations at any time, with no penalty, no questions asked. However, we do ask that you do so promptly. There may be other students looking for those books, or we may have ordered one especially for you! Please shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you decide to cancel any or all reserved books.
Have another question? Email us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to answer any questions you may have.