Announcing the eighth annual Martin Luther College Thalassa Prize.
This $1,000 award is given to recognize a (Dr.) Martin Luther College student or graduate who expresses clearly and beautifully, in image and word, a personal reflection on their ministry overseas.
Purposes of the MLC Thalassa Prize
- To express gratitude to God for the opportunity to serve him in international venues.
- To provide an opportunity for D/MLC students and graduates in international ministry to share their stories.
- To motivate and inspire current MLC students to consider serving overseas.
- To bring glory to God through excellence in the arts of photography and creative writing.
- To reaffirm through image and word the dignity of the entire human race and the desire of God to save all people.
- Open to all D/MLC undergraduates and graduates who have done ministry or are doing ministry outside the United States
- Each entry must include
- A completed entry form
- A color digital photograph taken in a foreign mission field
- A personal reflection on ministry in that foreign mission field
- Entrants may submit as many entries as they wish
- Deadline for all submissions: April 30, 2014
- The Thalassa Prize recipient will be announced in May or June 2014
- The $1000 prize will be divided equally between the winner ($500) and an international mission of the winner’s choice ($500).