Returning Student Class Registration
This page has instructions for returning student class registration. You can also download a printable PDF for your convenience.
- March 18 at 11:00 am (Chapel of the Christ) - First Year and transfer students orientation to scheduling (attendance is strongly encouraged)
- March 19 through March 27 - Preliminary schedule available to students. Students report any problems to the Deans Office. Any scheduling changes and updates will be posted on the Portal.
- March 30 through April 10 - Students meet with advisors for approval of schedules.
Planning Your Schedule
Log on to Portal.
Select the Scheduling tab and then choose:
- Schedule Planner
- Preference to make personal choices.
- Modify Courses to select courses and the semester you desire.
- Plan Schedule to develop a proposed schedule, being careful to note different semesters. You must develop a plan for both first and second semester if you are attending the full year.
- Make It Fit to design your schedule. If a course does not fit, the course will appear in a white box on the left side of the screen. Clicking on the course in white will make potential meeting times appear in red boxes on the schedule grid. If you are unable to make your schedule fit your selected courses, you must go back to Modify Courses to make changes.
A Help tab is included. If you have conflicts that you are not able to resolve, please contact the Records Office.
SEM Juniors: If you plan to sing in a choir, other than College Choir, select Tuesday as your clinical day.
Your plan is automatically saved. You can go back to it any time through the MLC Portal. Your advisor is able to review your plan at any time.
SET UP AN APPOINTMENT WITH YOUR ADVISOR TO APPROVE YOUR SCHEDULE!
Your advisor must click the Approve button between March 30 and April 10 before you can register for classes.
Note: Past due financial accounts must be paid in full before a student can complete course registration for the following semester unless an exception has been granted by the college administration. Past due balances include fines such as library and parking. Please direct any question to the Director of Finance.
Registration Day Procedure
After your advisor approves your schedule, you will be eligible to register for classes at your appointed time (individual registration times will be posted under the Registration tab on the Portal).
- Click on Register on your Schedule Planner.
- Click on Finalize Registration. This finalizes the registration process.
Note: Any changes made to a final registration must be done through the Drop/Add procedure.
Registration opens at 6:45 am with staggered starting times.
- Monday, April 13 – Rising seniors, fifth-year students, and student teachers register
- Tuesday, April 14 – Rising juniors register
- Wednesday, April 15 – Rising sophomores register