Google Apps on iOS
Martin Luther College uses Google Apps for Education to handle our campus email, calendaring, and contacts. To get the most out of your iOS device (iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch), follow the instructions below to setup push email, contacts, and calendaring.
Push allows Google's servers to notify your phone that there has been an email message or calendar change sent instead of your phone needing to ask the server periodically (pull). This saves on battery and means you receive the notification more quickly.
Things You Need To Know
- Your MLC email account
- Your current MLC email account password
1. Open Settings.app on your iOS device by tapping the icon.
2. Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars in Settings.app after it has opened.
3. Tap Add Account... on the next screen.
4. Tap Microsoft Exchange ... just trust me on this one.
5. Type in your MLC email account, MLC email account password, and a short description. When finished, tap Next.
6. On the next screen, enter the the following:
- Server: m.google.com
- Domain: m.google.com
- Username: Your MLC email account
- Password: Your MLC password (just make sure it is there)
When finished, tap Next.
7. Make sure everything works.
You will see a screen flash past with checkmarks if everything works. If it does, you will be taken back to the prior screens to check over the information you added. After everything is working, you will get to choose which services to turn on for your account.
When you have chosen your services, tap Save.
8. You're all done!
Setup is now complete and you are free to check the settings for the account by tapping the description name you entered before.
If you are running into any other problems, please contact Network Services so that we might be able to help you.