Reference and Research Services
Reference Librarians help people...
- find information on a topic
- develop research strategies for papers and projects
- search the library catalog, article databases, and the internet
- locate facts and statistics
- answer questions about the services and resources of the MLC library
- provide instruction on the research process and the use of the library
- refer people to information sources beyond the library
- Interlibrary loan of books and other material from other branch libraries in the same library system, or from a cooperating library anywhere in the world.
An online service for information and research help available to all Minnesota residents and students 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. AskMN is a cooperative service of Minnesota libraries.