Accreditation and Licensure
Martin Luther College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools to grant baccalaureate degrees and a master of science in education degree. You can visit their website or call (312) 233-0456
Minnesota Board of Teaching Approval
The elementary education program is approved by the Minnesota Board of Teaching.
Martin Luther College filed application in the Spring 2006 with the Minnesota Board of Teaching to undergo an on-site institutional evaluation to demonstrate compliance with standards in Board Rule 8700.7600. The institutional evaluation on-site visit was conducted on April 15-18, 2007. The evaluation visit was a continuing visit for the college.
The Evaluation Team recommends that Martin Luther College be granted “Continuing Approval” to prepare candidates for Minnesota teacher licensure. This report provides the findings of the team in accordance with all standards identified in Board Rule 8700.7600.
Institutional Evaluation Report - Visit Dates: April 15-18, 2007
The Board of Teaching has also approved the following programs for Martin Luther College.
- 8710.2000 Standards of Effective Practice for Elementary Education programs (Sep 2001)
- 8710.3200 Elementary Education K-6 with Specialties for Grades 5-8 (Sep 2001)
- 8710.2000 Standards of Effective Practice for Early Childhood (Apr 19, 2007)
- 8710.3000 Teachers of Early Childhood Education (Apr 19, 2007)
- 8710.2000 Standards of Effective Practice for Secondary Programs (Sep 10, 2008)
- 8710.4600 Teachers of Mathematics Grades 5-12 (Sep 10, 2008)
- 8710.4650 Teachers of Life Science Education Grades 9-12 (Mar 31, 2009)
- 8710.4250 Teachers of Communication Arts and Literature Grades 5-12 (Nov 17, 2009)
- 8710.4700 Teachers of Physical Education Grades K-12 (Jan 18, 2011)
- 8710.4800 Teachers of Social Studies Grades 5-12 (Jan 18, 2011)
- 8710.4650 Teachers of Vocal, Instrumental and Classroom Music Grades K-12 (Apr 8, 2011)
- 8710.4750 Teachers of Science: Chemistry Grades 9-12 (Apr 8, 2011)
- 8710.4750 Teachers of Science: Physics Grades 9-12 (Apr 8, 2011)
- 8710.4950 Teachers of World Languages and Cultures: Spanish K-12 (May 16, 2011)
Martin Luther College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Students who became eligible for MN state licensure between June 1, 2010 and May 31, 2011:
Total number of students eligible for licensure: 111
|Type of license||Number eligible|
|Comm Arts and Lit||5|
Some students are eligible for more than one license.
To review documents pertaining to accreditation or licensure approval, please contact:
The Vice President for Academics
Martin Luther College
1995 Luther Court
New Ulm, MN 56073