- MA University of Nebraska, Omaha, NE - Secondary Education and Education Technology
- BS Dr. Martin Luther College, New Ulm, MN
- Authorized Google Education Trainer 2014
- Moodle Certified Course Creator 2014
- Mimio Certified Trainer 2012
- Google Qualified Individual 2012
- SMART Notebook 10 Certification Mac and Windows 2010
Jason teaches EDT5002 Emerging Technologies.
Jason also teaches a variety of other technology related online courses for Martin Luther College's continuing education department in areas of special education, early childhood, and Google applications.
He is a 2004 graduate of Martin Luther College. He was principal and grades 3-8 teacher for three years at Christ the Lord Lutheran School in Clearwater FL and grades 3-4 teacher for four years at Gethsemane in Omaha NE. Since 2011 Jason has been in an Instructional Technology role in the Bennington Public Schools of Nebraska where he assists 1900 students and 150 staff members bring technology into teaching and learning. He is a regular guest on the popular WELSTech podcast as an educational technology correspondent.
Jason grew up near Minneapolis, Minnesota where he attended Lutheran schools through 8th grade. He attended high school at Luther Preparatory School in Watertown WI. Jason now lives in Bennington, Nebraska with his wife Heidi (Helwig) and their three children aged 5, 9, and 11. He enjoys baseball, golf, bike riding, and photography.